Project: Implementation of a New Information System
- The client assembles, sells and distributes an antitheft system that takes advantage of company-owned patented technology.
- The client’s devices are the central unit of an antitheft system that uses existent telecommunication networks.
- Given its success rate, the company enjoys the backing of the insurance industry. Devices are installed via a network of authorized retailers in Quebec, Ontario as well as British Columbia.
- Faced with the challenge of managing strong growth in business volume, this young organization decided to promote a corporate strategy aimed at:
- Developing and promoting Internet client service systems
- Optimizing key business processes throughout its supply chain
- Facilitating and reinforcing collaboration between its customers and its vast retail network
- Implement a completely integrated enterprise solution, including critical functionalities in the areas of accounting, customer relationship management, distribution and production in order to increase efficiency, notably:
- By improving information management, notably by eliminating double entry of data and by integrating information across functions
- By installing improved control measures designed to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- By implementing functionalities and automations previously unavailable
- By allowing the organization to process a constantly increasing number of transactions
- Project planning and scope analysis in order to identify gaps between the J.D. Edwards’ solution and the organization’s business requirements, and define project approach and organization.
- Implementation of the J.D. Edwards’ OneWorld Xe system:
- Creation of a fourteen (14) person mixed project team, including seven (7) consultants, tasked with defining the client’s new, optimized processes and to configure and customize the system
- Integration of the OneWorld system’s main modules, finance, inventory management, purchasing, sales, production, customer service as well as an electronic commerce site that allows on-line transactions with authorized retailers
- The new system, a six (6) month implementation effort, will give the organization the necessary infrastructure to manage its growth in the next five (5) years, through improved support of its growing retail network and by managing the requirements and specific needs of subscribers.